WHO WE ARE
BrandMatters is a brand strategy, design and marketing consultancy based in Sydney’s CBD. We deliver the full spectrum of brand and marketing services – all under one roof. We operate at the intersection of business, brand and marketing, creating strong, enduring brands that enable business growth – and we bring them to life via effective, aligned marketing and employee branding collateral and programs. We are a team of nine - strategists, researchers, marketers, designers and client service professionals - that believes, to our core, in the transformative power of brand. This isn’t just a job to us – we love what we do!
We are looking for an enthusiastic Marketing Communication Intern to work with us for 12 weeks, during Jan/Feb/Mar 2019. This will ideally be in the form of 3 days per week (preferably Tues, Wed & Thurs) for 12 consecutive weeks. This is a paid internship.
During that time, your main project will be to research and write an eBook for publication on our website. This will involve:
- Background reading and research - doing whatever’s needed to gain an in-depth understanding of the subject matter
- Interviewing members of our team
- Developing a project timeline including all key milestones and deadlines
- Developing a wireframe for the eBook and obtaining approval of the wireframe
- Writing a first draft of the eBook based on the approved wireframe, obtaining team feedback, writing a second draft incorporating all feedback and obtaining final approval
- Briefing our design studio to create a design and layout for the eBook
- Working with the studio to manage the production of the eBook
- Obtaining internal approval of the designed eBook
- Developing a promotional program for the eBook
- Writing all associated promotional copy, such as emails, website copy, social media copy etc.
- Launching the eBook online and through digital channels
If time permits, you may also have the opportunity to do additional writing such as blog articles or brand key messaging.
THE BENEFITS TO YOU
- You’ll get to work on a project from beginning to end.
- We’ll teach you about our industry and our business. You’ll learn about brand research, brand strategy, brand design, brand execution, and most importantly, about brand communication.
- You’ll be exposed to real client projects, learn from senior brand professionals and see what it’s like to work in a brand agency.
- You’ll get a certificate of completion.
WHO YOU ARE / OUR CRITERIA
- You’re either between second and third year of your Bachelor of Communications, or you’re a new graduate, wishing to gain some real-world work experience.
- You love writing and you’re excellent at it. You have the ability to tailor your writing to a particular tone of voice and the requirements of the brief.
- Your spelling, grammar and sentence construction is excellent, and you have an eagle eye for detail.
- You’re self-directed, a fast learner, and not afraid to ask questions to learn what you need to learn to get the job done.
- You have a minimum credit average in your studies.
- You’re interested in marketing communication as a possible career path.
HOW TO APPLY
- A cover letter, describing how you meet our criteria, why you’re interested in BrandMatters and this internship, and how you can contribute to our business
- Your CV (maximum 2 pages)
- Your academic transcript
- Two examples of your writing
We will contact you if you are successful in moving to interview stage.
Thank you for your interest in BrandMatters.